Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Happy News and Finishes

Well, I have some happy news.  I've put my paperwork in for retirement.


Gosh it was a hard decision.  I've had a lot of thinking to do about what I want out of life, about finances and lastly how to fill how that darn paperwork!

So - the plan will be do take off early November in the motorhome just me, Bruce and Marzipan aka Marizpants.

 Bruce has a lot of relatives he wants to visit.  At first I thought about having Christmas somewhere out on the road.  Then I realized, no I'm a baby! (hahaha) I would be crying for my kids and grandkids. 


Now for my finishes!

Nothing makes me happy like a finish!


Unless it's relaxing in the pool - that makes me even happier.

Do these girls know how to relax or what?

Although this guy has it down pretty well.

I've been so blessed to have family that comes over every Saturday for the summer months.  

My other finish are the design boards.  I knew my last one would look some much better than that first one!  

And yes it is.

Gotta love that nice crisp corner! 
I do really like having these.  I may make a bigger one later.  

Have a great week! 
Happy Stitching,
Linda












 

6 comments:

  1. Good for you!! I’m jealous! I really expected that we would be retired by this age - 66. But it’s not happening. So I just enjoy other people’s travel adventures vicariously. Not that my husband would travel anyway, except to the closest golf course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting your retirement is looming every so close. So excited for you. It will be lovely to have a little holiday in your motorhome driving through the countryside to visit your husband's relatives. Your pool looks like the place to be. Love your embroidered flowers. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to be retiring soon and go tripping around in your motor home....
    Lovely to have family visit all the time.
    Nice boards .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Retirement is a big decision ... congratulations!! Your pool time looks relaxing and FUN!! Your family has the time together thing down! Your embroidery finish is SO pretty!! Nicely done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been retired for 7 years. I didn't plan on going before I was 66 but one day I just walked in and told them I would leave at the end of the year. Somehow after a few weeks the plant manager mentioned that they needed to find my replacement before I left on the last day of September. I never corrected him, lol. I love retirement. Hope you enjoy yours.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your upcoming retirement!!!! Best decision I ever made. Enjoy life while you can! Although it looks like you're doing a pretty good job of that now.

    ReplyDelete