Pages

Monday, August 17, 2020

That Blue Pillow & That Messy Sewing Room

I decided to turn my wall hanging into pillows for the RV. 

Bruce came into my sewing room - oh he's not the reason this room is a mess.  That's ALL ME!  I don't know what happens.  But it does happen!

First thing he says is:  Don't be mad at me - but I don't like the fabric that you have chosen.  Me:  Well, it's the fabric that came with the kit.

So together we decided on the different fabrics. It was a lot of fun sitting on the floor with him choosing fabrics.

See that blue pillow?
I had taken the pillow form out of it to do some measuring.
It came from Bruce's house.  I have no idea who made it.  I keep it in the closet.  (hidden in the closet.)
 
Bruce: I love that pillow! I have no idea why you don't.

Me: Because I don't like the patchwork on it.
Because I don't like the quilting on it.
Because I don't like edging on it.
Because I don't like the colors. 
Bruce: okay, okay!

Hey, if I had needed more excuses I would have continued listing them! LOL

The real reason is because it is blue. But when I say that people don't believe me! Everyone loves blue.  But for 50 odd years - my sister has claimed that color as hers. Her whole house is blue!  So when I see blue - well it belongs in my sister's house.  That sounds nuts to a guy.  So I use other excuses.

But I'm am starting to like blue a bit.  Unbelievably I even bought blue for the backing of my frolic quilt.  
Shhh...don't tell anyone - cuz then they will know I'm nuts.

Interestingly, my blue sister is starting to like red and using it in her home.  Which is so strange, that's the color I have decorated my house in (along with yellow and green).  So we are starting to switch colors in our old age.  

Last weekend was another beach weekend. It was lovely.
Here's Marzi-pants - she thinks I hauled that chair to the beach for her. 
I do enjoy having a good dog I can take places.



7 comments:

  1. Good to have someone to help choose fabrics. So has that blue pillow found a place in your home yet? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never, Never, Never. I really detest that pillow. I want to throw it in the trash. But that would not be right, so I don't.

      Delete
  2. It is interesting how our tastes in fabric changes over the years. And your sewing space is looking pretty organized to me. I have a huge mess again after all of the mask making craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am glad you are beginning to like blue, it is a beautiful colour. =) As for messy sewing spaces, I think it is mandatory. I like that Bruce helped you choose the fabrics...can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sew nice to have Bruce help you choose fabrics for the RV.
    Good youer learning to like Blue , it's my favourite colour...
    love the photo of Mazi sitting at the beach on the chair...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm.... the pillow could get donated to Salvation Army or somewhere like that. :-) I saw one of your commments on Podunk Pretties blog and realized that I had quit gettin updates from your blog. don't know when that happened and why. I feel sad about that because it was like technology took away a friend. But at least I found you again! :-) Glad to see you are doing well! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I had forgotten about your dislike for blue. You better not ever come to my house . . .

    ReplyDelete