Pages

Friday, June 21, 2019

A Little Funny - from Serena

I wanted to share a little funny that my daughter, Serena did.

She bought me these three used books as a gift.
She knows I enjoy used quilt books.

Inside this one was this note
to the previously owner. (Don't try to read it -
I have it blown up below.)

It says:  To Mom -    
 Congratulations on your 
 five Two ribbons at the fair - We
knew you could do it!
Love,
Patty Serena
9/25/91
And Serena added her date: 12-25-18
We got the biggest kick out of Patty's mom getting 5 ribbons and Serena crossing that out writing in 2.

I really like the book and here's one of the pages that I would really like to do.
That will be for another day. 

Happy Stitching,
Linda 


8 comments:

  1. What lovely gifts from your daughter. Oh wouldn't it be lovely to find out who Patty and her mother were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughtful gifts and I love Serena's amendments! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet of Serena to gift you these books. Serena's. I love the look of the 'to do' project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely gifts from Serena and nice of her to add to the inscription.
    Pretty project you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dream time at your house I see--picking which project to start first!!!! Nice gift and writing from DD--
    luv, di

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great books and such a fun inscription.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on winning your 2 ribbons...very thoughtful gift too...xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fun gift and daughter! That is so great. Congratulations on your TWO ribbons. Often the older books have amazing projects and methods! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete