Pages

Monday, February 4, 2019

FNwF Update

Now you know I had every intention of posting on Saturday.
But the day just got away from me.

Here's my block that I finished on Friday night.
I wasn't happy with it.  It just didn't do it for me.

But then on Sunday as I was flipping through the finished blocks I kind of liked it.  I may still do a satin stitch in the handle - with yellow.  
(This is where you chime in with your opinions.)

Here are all four blocks:

I've already started on the next one, Kindness
This picture was taken at night - that's why it's darker.

So what kept me so busy on Saturday was shopping for tools. 
My husband's tools were stolen from our pickup truck.

We spent hours at Home Depot, Lowes and then some quick stops at a couple other stores. Sunday we were back at Home Depot again for a couple more hours. And then onto the grocery store. If only I could have spent all that time (and money!) at the fabric store!  Hahaha

Actually I didn't mind.  And I just praise God that He had already provided us with some savings so that we could replace all those tools. 

Happy Stitching, 
Linda



6 comments:

  1. I like your block! What don't you like about it? They're going to all look fantastic when you're finished. Will insurance cover the cost of the tools? How awful to have that happen in the first place, and then to have to pay to replace everything. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chiming in here: yes I think yellow satin stitch in the handle is just the finishing touch that block needs. I like it! They are sweet blocks and I admire your fine embroidery stitches.
    How sad and awful that your husband's tools were stolen! Would insurance pay for the tools (if you have it)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just don't understand 'why' people can steal other peoples things!!! it is soo sad--glad you were able to replace his tools--
    love the quilt blocks--I did that quilt a while ago--enjoyed doing each block--
    it is looking really sweet--
    luv, di

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry your husband's tools were stolen. I too do not understand why people can't seem t leave other peoples' things alone. It is a good thing you have money saved to replace them. I love your little block. I think yellow satin stem stitch in the handle would look pretty. Love all your other blocks. They all look lovely together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda lovely work my friend well done. My son's diving equipment was stolen from the back of his ute to while grabbing a couple of things from the supermarket,not good. Hope your week improves my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your block! So pretty. I do think a little stitching in the handle would be a good idea. The others are beautiful too. Such a shame about the tools. xx

    ReplyDelete