Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Fear is Taking Over

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I've taking this on.

At first I was happy -  I did it!  I finish the backing.  AND I sandwiched my quilt.  What a great day!
 Now I'm just thinking, what am I doing???

The quilt is so big, it barely fit the living room. I had to tape the backing under the couch!
I do not know how to quilt this!!  I'm NOT that good of a quilter.

Right now I'm thinking I could SID round the black stars to stabilize it.  Do some feathers in the white border.  Maybe that's too much?

Do you have some suggestions for the big yellow stars? I do know that my daughter will want something very simplistic. 

And then I'm thinking for the outside border straight lines going out to the edge. 
One thing I know, it won't get done if I don't start on it.

In the hand sewing area I'm still working on the Generosity BOM
 I found some fabric for the bell flowers.

Happy Stitching,
Linda

3 comments:

  1. I think your quilting plan sounds great! I always struggle with what to do with stars. And you're right about one thing - it won't get done if you don't get started. You're an awesome quilter, so you have nothing to fear. You Go Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful and your plan sounds good. You could do some simple "echo quilting" in the stars. Maybe 1/2" apart. Or maybe in the black sections.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you are a good quilter and I think Sara's idea of echo quilting the stars is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete