Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Tree Hunting, Thanksgiving & Tiramisu

Oh my gosh - my daughter is such a nut EVERY SINGLE YEAR she requests a year as tall as our ceiling.  

Well - this year she teamed up with Bruce !
He's also a nut.
Or maybe "big tree lover" is a better description.
And bought the biggest tree on the lot!

Oh yes!  That's a big tree - probably 12 1/2 foot.
We had to move furniture and even remove furniture to fit it into the house. 
We started putting on lights and had to go buy another couple strands.
We bought candy canes too - and when the grand kids come over they get one.  When we run out we just buy more.

It took ALL our ornaments to fill that tree.  
Silly - Silly but oh so fun.

Working on the cross-stitch still.
Thanksgiving was wonderful.

This is our first year and Bruce insisted on taking Serena and me out of dinner.  I loved it!  And then the next day we got together with the rest of the family and had leftovers and played games.  Since we didn't have leftovers, I made a bunch of food.

I want to share with you the dessert.

Tiramisu
I had this dessert in Italy - it's coffee flavored and oh, so, so good!

Serena found a new recipe for it and we made it together.
This is Chef Dennis Littley's recipe. 
Look at that messy kitchen!  Egads - you would think the dessert was complicated.  It's not, it's easy.  Yes, it's the best Tiramisu. And he has tips to make this and other desserts great.

Happy Stitching and baking,
Linda 






3 comments:

  1. It's a fabulous tree! And the dessert looks wonderful. I had tiramisu for dessert on Thanksgiving too, but it was part of my first class airline meal. It was just OK, but much better than the sandwich they served.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a little house with too much funiture so our tree is always slim. But I ALWAYS have a lot of lights all over the house. I'm going to try your recipe. I love Tiramisu.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a tree! We've gotten so lazy over the past few years. We have two small pencil trees that live in a closet fully decorated. Just pull them out, sit them in a corner, and we're done. I'm glad you're starting your new traditions with Bruce.

    ReplyDelete