Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Pockets, Pockets, Oh Dear More Pockets

Somebody (Mr. New Honey) figured out that if I could sew I could make pockets.

Little does he know that I can make pockets - but I don't sew on knits.
Well, I got my ballpoint needle and set to making 10 pockets on t-shirts.
Really?  Can't we just go buy pocket Tees? 

I put my quilt making skills to use and cut out double pockets, so I could sew the top hem as one continuous line.
And then cut apart.  
Yes!!  I love me some time saving techniques.

I didn't have any troubles getting all 10 pockets sewn and Mr New Honey was quite pleased.
So I can't complain. (Or can I?)

And this past weekend was the same as all my summertime weekends. 
Family over for pool and BBQ.

I really love having a pool.  And to think I didn't even want Mark to put it in.  

This is my mother's swing (glider? Rocker?) that she had in her yard. I brought to my house last year. She had told me that she would go out in her yard, sit, read her bible and pray.
I was missing her last week. I looked out and saw birds all over it.  They had not done this before. Well, not that I have ever seen before. 
 My mother loved birds.  Well many of us do.  Do you see them all over the seat too?  They are so cute.

Happy Stitching,
Linda


4 comments:

  1. Eek - I tell my family if it's clothing, take it somewhere else to be stitched, lol!!! Well done Linda! Love your pool - I'd love to have one, but it would only get used 3 months a year unless we made a pool building [yes please]. I love that the birds came to visit your mum's chair, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your patience with the pockets is wonderful. My SIL asked me to mend a pair of dress pants over a month ago, and they are still laying on my sewing table. I just keep moving them. LOL. I love the birds visiting your mother’s chair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO don't do mending sew you'er a good girl for doing the pockets.
    Great pool photos. Looks like fun.
    Lovely to have your Mum's chair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your time-saving techniques with the pockets! Your swimming pool looks so inviting! Looks like you had a fun time x

    ReplyDelete