Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Kauai Adventure (Part 2)

So to continue with our Kauai adventure...
We also saw these wild Kauai little piglets - they were only about 6 inches high.  As the ran through the field with their Mama and Papa they bounced - just like little bunnies. They were just the cutest little things. 

Kauai has some strange looking trees - these have roots that are growing downward from the trunk.  
Let me show you a close up:
Wouldn't you agree that is strange?

We also took the time to fly in a helicopter around the island.  
I didn't even try to count how many waterfalls we saw.   

We saw wonderful coastlines - so enchanting.

Later we rode around the island just stopping here and there, getting out and enjoying the beach or stopping to shop a bit.
Look - Do you see that chicken? Really?  A chicken on the beach??
I just cracked up when I realized I had him er...her in the picture.  Oh, by the way, we had this whole beach to ourselves, except for the chicken.  hahaha

We had stopped at McDonald's for a coke.  Yea, cuz even in Hawaii we do the same things we do at home. LOL  And they have Hot Taro Pies - you know like the Hot Apple Pies here. 
Well, of course we had to try them - yummy!

As we made our way around the island, we came across the look out point of taro fields.  Yep, that's me - I had to have a picture with those taro fields. 
By the way - I love that Kukui nut necklace - We each won one because we were married the longest at a presentation the night before. 

Okay - so that's about it for now.  I did do some shopping - and I'll tell you about that later.  You do want to hear about the fabric and fabric shop, don't you?

Happy Aloha Stitching,
Linda





4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, and yes, a very strange tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos - looks like you are having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tree is a banyan tree. I've seen one in southern Florida (having never been to Hawaii), but I understand that there are very common in Hawaii. Of course you had to take a picture in front of the taro fields!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics! Now I really want to go to Hawaii. I love your necklace.

    ReplyDelete