Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Coffee Gift

My daughter came in with a present for her Dad and me.  (How exciting I love presents! Especially ones that are unexpected and are for no special reason!)  It was Coffee from Cafe Du Monde!  Wow! Is that sweet or what? You know the famous cafe in New Orleans, the one that makes those famous beignets. Here, I found a picture of them on Cafe Du Monde's website.

She didn't go to New Orleans, she found the coffee at our local World Market.  During another life time-before I married Mark, I went Cafe Du Monde and had those beignets. They really are good and it was so much fun to go to a cafe that's been around since 1862.
Cafe Du Monde picture from igougo.com.
For some reason I only had the beignets not the coffee there at Cafe Du Monde.

However, I have had coffee with chicory in it before - just not this brand.  We put on a pot and had some. It is so good!!  I really like it. It's so much better than the other coffee and chicory I had before.

As for sewing, I've finished up all the gold triangles! Yea!!  I'll start working on the borders. Hopefully tonight and I'll tell you about the Vegas vacation later.

In the meanwhile, I'm going blog hopping and seeing what you all have been up to.

Happy Stitching,
Nicey Linda

3 comments:

  1. Makes for some nice coffee sipping, have never had Beignets but if they are sweet and have powdered sugar on them I know I would love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful treat! You raised a nice daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How thoughtful of your daughter!

    ReplyDelete