Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2021

Ups and Downs

This NASCAR race season I decided to have a nice cross stitch project to do while watching the race.  I got this idea from Di of Quilting  is Blissful. 

I was so worried about my sewing items while we were moving. Wondering if the guys that packed me know this cutting mat could not be rolled up. It was a great relief to see it flat. It’s a Lori Holt mat and I so enjoy using it. 


My sewing machine appears to be okay. It was packed upside down. Hmmm very strange. I haven’t had time to use it yet. My fingers are crossed maybe tomorrow I can sew and confirm it’s okay. 

Every Sunday we have a routine. NASCAR and homemade pizza. We have been doing this for three years now. My sister told me she wants to do something similar. Sometimes routines can be good. 
We went to a garage sale this last week and picked this pizza cutter up. 

Makes life a little easier and certainly more fun. 
Life should be more fun. 

We were out on the golf course and I saw this butterfly or moth. Not sure which. But I do know I’ve never seen a pink one before!

We were super lucky to have company come to our new house for an impromptu dinner. It was my Dad’s and the rest of the families first time to see our new house. 
I’ve been busy trying to move in and visit my dad in the hospital. It was such a joyous occasion that he was out and had dinner with us. Unfortunately he passed a week after this dinner.  


And more sad news my little love, Marzipan was ran over. 


She was my little buddy. We took her everywhere!  

Well this is life. Ups and downs. 
Thank goodness we can always count on God to be there to see us through. 

Sorry this is a bit of a downer of a post. 

In the meanwhile, let’s enjoy our stitching,
Linda
 





 

3 comments:

  1. I’m so sorry about your dad and about poor Marzipan. Sadness on top of sadness, I’m sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to read of your Dad’s passing and then to also loose dear little Marzipan….. 🤗❤️
    Nice to have your routine for your NASCAR racing.
    Great the cutting board was okay….

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda--I am so sorry for your losses--so do be kind to yourself this week! Your insect is a Dryocampa Rubiunda--which is great silk moth--called a Pink Fluffy Rosy Maple moth--boy all that is a mouth full for sure!!!! Nice photo of it--
    I mostly do embroidery work while watching the race--I do my counted cross stitching first thing in the morning when I can concentrate better--I am getting 'old'!!! So do you and your husband have a special driver you watch???
    take care--oh--and love the new home--luv, di

    ReplyDelete