Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Colorado Blocks

While in Colorado last August I picked up the cutest little quilt kit.
There are blocks for Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall.

It's applique and I LOVE drawing and cutting out shapes.
I love the fabrics in the kit, but I did have this brown that I liked better for the tree trunks.
And then I saw Lori Holt create design boards on YouTube, but our local JoAnn's is out of white flannel so I just use the plain boards for now.
 
It is a lot easier to place each block on a board as I sort and cut the pieces. Then I can stack up the boards and Wa La - a nice neat mess.  Hahaha

Have a great day stitching and creating,
Linda



4 comments:

  1. I have been using leftover cotton batting for my design boards~ works great! ;-) I love that moose!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun kit to make and I do like the brown you had for the tree truck.
    I must make some of those boards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like it will be fun! I love your fabric for the tree trunks, it looks so real x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be a fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete