Pages

Friday, December 13, 2019

Frolic Clue 2 & the Jeep

I did get my Frolic clue #2 done quickly last week.  I finished it on Sunday.
It was great as it super easy.

This week's clue will be more labor intensive. It will be more of a challenge.

We did have a little adventure.  We decided that we did not need two trucks. Bruce had one and I still had Mark's work truck. We decided to sell Mark's truck and eventually get a jeep.  Well, the day the truck was sold, Bruce found a jeep.

And this is where the adventure begins. We are in California and the Jeep was in Idaho. Carmax Dealership said they would transport it for $500.00. But if we didn't want it we would be out the $500.  That doesn't sound like a deal to me!

I suggested we drive there ourselves.  Oh, I found out I have a nut for a husband because he said "Sure!"   We ran home, pack a bag, locked the house-
I did remember to grab Marzipan and her food. And off we went.  


We drove straight through and got there at 3:15 am.  By now I was thinking this is NOT a good idea anymore.  Hahaha. We found a hotel, slept in a bit, had a nice breakfast and then went and bought ourselves a Jeep.
Honestly, we had a blast! After the purchase we started back home, because I had to work the next day.  It was soooo worth the trip.

Now I've got to get back to figuring out Frolic clue #3.

Happy Stitching,
Linda   


8 comments:

  1. I love spontaneous decisions; you never know what fun is down that long road. =) Good luck with your next Frolic clue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are funny--but what a delightful time it seems you had and look at that 'handsome' jeep!!
    luv, di

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit that no vehicle would get me to drive that far to buy it. We are scared to buy a used vehicle right now because so many on the market have been in floods so we just keep our Honda Element. Very few vehicles can compare to it for me. I'm sure glad this purchase worked out for you! Love your cheerful blog background too.
    Merry Christmas
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your Jeep!! You are going to have some fun adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trips like that are usually the best....
    Great new Jeep.
    Well done on Bonnies clue 3 ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spontaneous decisions and trips are the best - congratulations on your new jeep! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adventure! I've always wanted a Jeep.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been catching up with you and your adventures: You got a new jeep on my birthday! :-) Where in Idaho did you get it? It looks lovely!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete