Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Catching up!

I've had several things happen lately that I haven't had time to post about. 
 So here's my Catch-up Post.

# 1
My Sister came out from Arkansas in October to load up her household goods that were in storage.  She and her husband have been roaming the USA in a 5th wheel and found a lovely spot to buy.  I so enjoyed having her and her husband stay with us for 10 days.  Every morning Jeff had the coffee on and they made the house so lively.  Connie taught me to crochet the ruffle scarves while she was here.
Here she is with her great niece - Scarlett - those two are two peas in pod.  So much alike!
 
#2
The following weekend my other sister, Cindy came to visit from San Francisco. We had a blast too.
She came down to get help with her Setters of Canaan quilt. 
 This is only her 2nd quilt!  I worked on my Civil War quilt.
  
 
#3
One of my co-workers asked if I could make her some doll clothes.  Sure!  What fun to sew up a couple dresses, Right?
WRONG!!
  I work full time and she was quite upset that I didn't finish all 30 outfits in one weekend.
Really??? 
Did she not realize that I had to read the patterns
 and that they were full of details - like the overalls had real pockets? That were lined?
I finished 6.  I thought that was good for a weekend.
I was not going to be chained to my sewing machine. 
I did have fun sewing them. 
 
#4
I wanted to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving - I do hope you all had a lovely one.  We spent it with the family.
We played in the leaves - that was so much fun!!!
 
Later we let the babies sleep. 
 
#5
Yesterday, 12/2/14 the day had finally come.  We had to put down our precious Sugar. 
She was such a wonderful dog.  And she had a great life.  She was our show dog and made Champion 5 times and then went on to be a UKC Grand Champion.  She really loved the show life and would jump onto the show table and pose for the judges - so cute.  She was only about 10 inches at the shoulders but could jump a 4 foot fence!  Also she was the fastest Rat Terrier - we put her in several races and she won every time, even against the Champion racer! 
 
 
#6
My place of employment has decided to change my location (again!!!)  Now that I'm used to this new place and all the people, they are moving me back to my original location.
I haven't decided how I feel about that.  I just hope my check finds me - last time it took 6 months to change it. 
 
So Happy Stitching to all of you!
What December plans do you have?
 
Linda


4 comments:

  1. Well your life has run the gamut of emotions lately, hasn't it? So sorry to hear about Sugar. Our pets have such a huge place in our hearts. But it sounds like you've had loads of family fun. And now it's on to Christmas prep. thanks for all the updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting to see what you've been up to - all sorts of highs and lows - I'm sorry to read about Sugar, these decisions can be hard to make. Those little outfits are so cute - same on you not getting all 30 made - whew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow 2 sisters - lucky you!!!! I'm so, so sorry about Sugar, that is so hard. What a cutie...

    I think I'd leave pins in the doll clothes for my co-worker to find, lol, 30 outfits in a weekend? Um, NO!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are blessed to have two awesome sisters to do amazing things with you! Your love for each other radiates from your pictures! Don't worry about the doll clothes. That was a lot to expect someone to do. People who don't sew don't realize the amount of time and thinking that goes into creating projects. Best wishes to you with your new position. Have a wonderful Christmas with your loved ones!!

    ReplyDelete