Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Merry Christmas & My Bucilla Stocking

Okay Gals, Christmas is almost here. 

AND my good news is, I'm almost ready.  You do remember I was having problems finding gifts for my daughter.  But I did.  Now, I just have to wrap presents.  Yep, I put that off until I have a pile of presents instead of wrapping as I get them. 

In the meanwhile, I haven't been doing any sewing.  It sure feels good to give it a rest for the month of December. 

What I have been working on is a Bucilla stocking.  
My sister taught me to write my name on tissue paper and then embroider it.
Then gently rip it off!  Easy Pleasy!
I've loved every minute I've worked on this stocking. Believe me it takes a LOT of minutes to complete these stockings, so it won't be finished for this year.  Last night I just finished  the snowman. 
Here's what it should look like when it's finished. (Only with my name - not Carolyn's LOL!)
I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. 

John 3:16

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."


Linda

6 comments:

  1. It will be very pretty when it's finished. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be beautiful! I didn't know the tip about embroidering on tissue paper! Can't wait to give it a try. Merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O wow - I love your stocking - it's going to be so beautiful - and well worth taking your time on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, this is a *beautiful* stocking! How fun! And I love the tip about tissue paper, too -- thanks for sharing that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a super sweet stocking!! I keep saying that I will make stockings for my family...never have :):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made a comment on this a while back, but I see it didn't take! First, happy new year! I hope your holidays were great. I love this tip for doing embroidery Why didn't I think of it! It's great! It is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete