This is not my picture. I found it at WildCatForums.Net.

Monday, September 24, 2012

FNSI - Update

Friday night was a fun sew-in for me.  I always start late on these things, but I don't let that deter me.  Sorry I didn't post on Saturday, but Troy was over.  Need I say more? 
Okay, do you just love the way this is turning out?  I have to give a big shout out to Julia at Creative Ribbons.  Using the Alabama Block as the alternating block was her idea and for providing me with instructions.  I love it because the way the alternating blocks makes the sampler blocks look on point and because it gives the eye a place to rest.  Thanks Julia!

Remember my "Oops! I shouldn't have cut that" block?  
I unstitched it and restitched it with a smaller seam and then zig-zaged all the seams.  Do you think that will be okay? I really debated about putting a narrow border around the block (Thanks Kelli for the suggestion) but I thought it would make it stand out too much in the quilt.  

I had the whole quilt laid out in the living room with Troy over.  He didn't mess with it at all, but my dogs - now that's a different story.  They kept running over it, playing with their toys on it, even doing the happy dog dance!  I finally got tried of putting the blocks back in place.  I labeled each row and picked them up, keeping each block in place. 

I just left the rows that were sewn together down. 

See what a mess they made of these?
So that's my Friday, Saturday and Sunday sewing update.  


Happy Stitching,
Linda

8 comments:

  1. That is one gorgeous quilt!! I love how you have used the Alabama block, I am going to pinch that idea when I do my next sampler quilt (when being the appropriate word) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those alternating blocks are pure genius. I love they way they bring it all together. I shall be pinching that idea too, if I'm ever brave enough to make a sampler quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not agree more. I think it is just perfect! And the way you're putting it together so the sampler blocks look on point is an even added benefit. Wow, Linda. This is going ot be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I absolutely love the way you're putting it together. It will be amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous, gorgeous quilt this is going to be, I love the blocks and how you're setting them. I think your block with the narrower seams will be just fine - once it's quilted it should be quite sturdy. Well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks great! The entire quilt is awesome. I love all the sampler blocks and the colors...It is fantastic! Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Linda,it is going to be awesome! I am thinking that this setting would be good for my Farmers Wife blocks. Pets just love to cause havoc don't they??!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The alternating blocks are really making all the sampler blocks tie together so nicely. Brilliant use of them. Looks like a fantastic night's work for FNSI!

    ReplyDelete